Many people have real estate questions that they want a quick answer to. Rather than having you search all over the site to get the information you need, I have put the answers to the most frequently asked questions into this brief and organized FAQ.
If you have additional questions, or something you think we should add to this page, please reach out to us via the contact form at the bottom of the page. We look forward to hearing from you.
Sellers – Listing Your Home For Sale With A Real Estate Broker
- How much time does it take to get my home sold?
- How much money can I get for my house?
- What are the costs of sale? (Commissions, Closing Costs, etc.)
- Do I have to do a lot of fix-up to my home to get it ready for sale?
- What is the market like now? Is it a good time to sell?
- Why should I work with Emily Cressey & HomePro Associates?
Sellers – Selling A Home For Sale By Owner
1. What are the Pros and Cons of selling a home For Sale By Owner?
2. How long does it take to sell a home for sale by owner?
3.How much does it cost to sell a home For Sale By Owner?
4. When do you recommend For Sale By Owner?
5. What is your Direct Home Buyer Service?
Selling Your Home Directly To Us (Home Buyer Service)
Who should consider selling their house to an investor?
What types of properties will an investor buy?
How much money will I get for my home?
Are “We Buy Houses” ads, signs or investors a scam?
What is “We Buy Ugly Houses” about?
What if I am behind on payments?
What if my house is an Estate Sale or Proabate?
What if I am going through a divorce?
What if someone died in the property?
What if I am behind on taxes?
How much do home buyer services cost? Will I have to pay?
Working with a real estate agent vs. utilizing Home Buyer services.
Buyers – Looking to purchase a new home?
Do I have to have 20% down to buy a house?
How Much Money Do I Need For Closing Costs?
– Closing costs can be hard to pin down because they vary at every home purchase due to the time of year when you close, how much your interest rate, lender fees, and homeowners insurance are, and a number of other factors.
Click here for an explanatory article (with minimal boringness) covering “Buyers Closing Costs” on a hypothetical starter home in Shoreline, WA.
How much can I afford?
Do I need to be pre-qualified for a mortgage in order to look at homes?
How do I get pre-qualified for a mortgage to buy a home?
What’s the most efficient way to find a home to buy?
What should I do when I find a home I like?
How many homes can we look at when we are out viewing homes?
Should I go out to Open Houses?
How can I make an offer?
What does the purchase contract look like?
Do I have any escape clauses once I have signed an offer?
How much earnest money do I need to bring when I go under contract?
What other costs will I have besides my down payment?
Loan origination fees or points
How long will it take to close, once I am under contract to purchase?
What if I find out there is something wrong with the house?
When will I get the keys and when should I plan to move in?