Looking for the best neighborhoods for families in the Greater Seattle Area? Whether you’re looking strictly within the Seattle city limits, or expanding your search to include surrounding neighborhoods and cities, like Bellevue, WA or Everett, WA, there is much that the Puget Sound region has to offer for families who choose to call this area home.
Whether you are moving to the Seattle area from out of state, or just looking to move across town to a more family-friendly area, here are some things to consider:
1) Schools – most families start with looking for schools where they would be happy to send their children.
2) Parks, Sports and Recreational Opportunities – many families like to get their kids outside to play – check out what’s available in the Seattle neighborhoods you’re considering.
3) Safety and Crime – when it comes to keeping their families safe, many parents choose to emphasize low-crime locations.
4) Cost of Living – Kids aren’t cheap and neither is Seattle real estate. Even if you have a job that pays well, finding a neighborhood you can afford to live in (and still enjoy the extras in life) is certainly important).
5) Types of Housing Available – Many people with children would like to have a yard, if possible, or a certain amount of square footage in their home. We’ll look at the types of housing available in different neighborhoods, so you can see if that condo, townhouse, or home fits your family’s desired lifestyle.
Since these are the factors we believe are most important to families looking for the best neighborhoods to live in near Seattle, Bellevue, and Everett, WA; these are the things we will highlight in our reviews of the neighborhoods.